HOME PAGE | DOWNLOAD | TUTORIALS | XtraReports
Devexpress

Saturday, July 14, 2012

XtraGrid - Introducing the Feature Browser

In this lesson, I’ll demonstrate how to use the Feature browser tool, which helps you easily customize the XtraGrid Control.
The Feature Browser provides a structured feature list with related settings. I’m going to demonstrate how to access and customize settings that relate to the view’s preview and filter features.
1.       I invoke the Feature Browser, and select Preview to access the settings that relate to the view’s preview feature.
2.       Selecting the Preview feature, results in the Property Grid being filtered, so that only the properties and events that relate to this feature are displayed.
3.       So, let’s enable the “Show Preview” option, to display row preview sections.
4.       Now, I need to specify the name of the field, whose values are displayed within preview sections.
5.       Let’s use the Phone field.
6.       Then, I access the settings that relate to the view’s filter feature, and enable the “Show Auto Filter Row” option, to allow data to be filtered by typing text within the row.
7.       And I’m done!
8.       I close the designer, and run the application.
9.       The row preview sections now display the customer’s phone number.
10.   The “Auto Filter” row, is displayed at the top of the view.
11.   I type text within the row, and a filter condition is automatically created based upon the value entered, and this is applied to the focused column.

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment